Research & databank
FDA Yearbook 2017 Log Out
The latest, well-illustrated FDA Yearbook, published in February 2017, contains 120 pages with:
- A foreword by FDA President, Lord Puttnam of Queensgate CBE
- An analysis of UK cinema box-office in 2016 by film, by genre (including event cinema), by day, by week, by month, by region and by nation of the UK (box-office data courtesy of comScore)
- A overview of the advertising investments made by UK film distributors to bring 900 new releases to market in 2016
- A snapshot of film consumption across other platforms in the wider ‘film value chain’
- A comprehensive directory of UK film distributors (FDA member companies), screening rooms and useful websites
- A summary of the economic impacts of UK film distribution
- And much more
Printed copies, subject to availability, may be requested from FDA - please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your full name and address.
If you’re a UK secondary school teacher, please see our new study guide themed to the FDA Yearbook 2017.
It’s free to download and is aimed in particular at film/media studies classes for 14 - 18 year-olds www.thefilmspace.org.